Welcome to MOL Football
Since 1969, MOL Football has been an alternative to tackle football where the emphasis is on speed and deception rather than violent contact.
The league is open to boys and girls in grades 3-8 living in Moraga, Orinda, Lafayette, or Canyon. MOL is divided into four divisions: PAC-12 for 3rd and 4th graders, NFC for 5th and 6th graders, AFC East for 7th graders, and AFC West for 8th graders.
Each division is broken into 8-20 teams that play against each other from September to early November.
SPORTS COVID-19 PROTOCOLS (UPDATED Sept. 8, 2021)
OUTDOOR FIELD ACTIVITIES
PROTOCOLS MUST BE STRICTLY COMPLIED WITH; ANY FAILURE MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF ACCESS TO FIELDS
- MOL Football will continue to follow the State of California and Contra Costa County mandated guidelines as they evolve. These protocols may be modified, based upon future public health guidance from federal, state, or local governments concerning COVID.
- Players are not permitted to participate in practice, games or matches if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, which may include: fever or chills, coughing, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, newly-developed loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea. By bringing a child to a practice or game, a parent/guardian is attesting that their child does not exhibit any of the above symptoms
- All participants (players, coaches, referees and spectators) should have masks available while attending MOL practices and games.
- While MOL does not have indoor activities, per Moraga School District and Contra Costa County, masks are required indoors for all participants, coaches, personnel, and spectators.
- Masks are strongly recommended outdoors as well when distancing between individuals or households is not practical or possible, or is not consistent. Players may choose to wear masks while on the field or involved in active play and in close contact with others as is recommended by Contra Costa Health Services.
- If a coach or player has tested positive for COVID, has symptoms of COVID or has had close contact with anyone who has symptoms of COVID or who has tested positive for COVID, they must follow the Contra Costa Health Services instructions for isolation and quarantine. https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/for-covid-19-patients and inform MOL. MOL will alert other members of the team, without naming the individual. MOL must also be informed when the player or coach is ready to return.
Wednesday, June 1st Registration opens
Friday, August 5thth Registration closes
Wednesday, August 10th Pac 12 Coaches Meeting (El Jarro)
Thursday, August 11th NFC/AFC Coaches Meeting (JM)
Saturday, August 13th Evaluation Day
Sunday, August 14th 3rd Grade Mini Camp. Makeup Evaluations
Monday, August 15th AFC (7th and 8th) Draft
Tuesday, August 16th NFC Draft
Wednesday, August 17th Pac 12 Draft
Saturday, August 20nd Preseason Game
Saturday, August 27thRegular Season Starts (note: possible 2nd Pac-12 practice game depending on team #’s)
Saturday, September 3rdNO GAMES LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Sat-Sun, October 22-23rdPlayoffs
Sat-Sun, October 29-30th Rainout Playoffs